Welcome to hacc
“Hackers Against Climate Change" originated as a series of self-organized sessions at 35c3. Working groups, spin offs and local chapters formed afterwards and were present at all major CCC events. Join the groups or start your own!
More info about this page at the bottom.
Get in contact
- hacc e.V., local chapter Munich*
- CHT hackbase, local chapter Canary Island*
- hacc mailinglists
Ways to Participate
- Regular meetings of the hacc e.V., usually every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in muCCC. It is also possible to join remotely via mumble at mumble.hacc.space. But check our IRC in case of any short-term changes.
- Meetings of Klimanotstandbündnis in Siegen. See hacc group page.
- Propose changes to the hacc e.V. infrastructure. You can open an issue or open a merge request on the nixfiles which control a growing part of our infrastructure. Or just ask us via one of hacc e.V. channels above.
- Add you or your project to the hacc directory
- Use the wiki and add your project!
Spin offs & working groups
- c3sus, making Chaos events more sustainable
- Eventgrid, developing a green power network for Camps
- infra4future, offering infrastructure and communcation platforms
- hacc-voc, doing streams and recordings
- GreenFeediverse, providing a list about servers and their renewable energy consumption status
We in the press
History of hacc
“Hackers Against Climate Change" originated as a series of self-organized sessions at 35c3. In the aftermath members of those sessions started spin offs as mentioned above and local chapters in Siegen, Munich and on the Canary Islands.
The local chapter in Siegen initiated the first hacc sessions at 35c3 and afterwards was mainly involved in local activities.
The local chapter CHT hackbase cohosted the 35c3 sessions, hosted the session at 36c3 and cohosted the divoc r2r sessions.
Inspired by the activities in Siegen, the Munich chapter started their bi-weekly meetings in May 2019. With the approval to use the name by the initiator of the first sessions on May 13th 2020 we eventually founded the German non-profit organization "hackers against climate change e.V." on December 9th 2020. Two members of us were part of the 35c3 sessions. Since then we were active at the CCCamp 2019, 36c3, rC3 and divoc r2r.
Unfortunately conflicts led to a split between the local chapter Munich and CHT hackbase in July 2021.
About this page
The hacc e.V. runs this page (hacc.earth) but not necessarily the linked projects. You can find more about our activities and involvements on our own page.
Also the source of the page can be found here. As with the hacc e.V. infrastructure in general you are invited to make change requests or just contact us to ask for changes.
The hacc logo was designed by Creatives for Future.